The benefits of massage therapy
There have been a number of studies concerning the effects of massage therapy. The general consensus is that massage therapy can provide many different benefits, depending on the scenario. Here are just a few:
- Alleviate back pain.
- Improve range of motion.
- Help athletes prepare and recover from strenuous workouts.
- Enhance immunity by stimulaing lymph flow.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Release endorphins - amino acids that work as the body's natural pain killers.
- Relieve migraines.
Further Reading: To learn more, check out the American Massage Therapy Association's website.